Tuesday, August 3, 2010

more stuff happens...

hobbes decided that i didn't actually need that toilet paper on the roll.
then someone vomitted right next to the pile, and someone (not sure if this was the same kitty or not) moved the pile of tp over, to cover the vomit. someone also pooped about a foot away from the litterbox, and someone (else?) missed the edge of the box and peed on the floor. yep. multiple cat bodily functions and lots of toilet paper all over my floor. at least they kept the mess in the bathroom this time.

so this morning, i was busy with some random task at my desk in the back office, when the receptionist brought me a manilla envelope that had just been dropped off for me by someone she didn't know. the envelope contained, of all things: my w-2s!
it seems that the irs chose now of all times to review my 2008 taxes (the year for which i need the w-2s). they found an error in my math and sent a letter/bill for the difference to the old address. so the ex got it. and didn't want to pay it all himself. voila! so he sent me, via someone else my staff don't know, the letter, the -w-2s, and a check for part of the amount owed. so now i don't have to contact him (which is great, since in his last hissy fit he asked me not to) and i only have to pay a few bucks in exchange for getting the papers i need.
and i have never once had reason before to thank the irs.

in other news, teddy spent his second night in a row scratching all night, even after being given benadryl, so today he got a steroid shot that usually helps a lot with itchy dogs.

and i got to get up early again this morning to go to paws to help catch a ferocious angry kitty. for some reason the really angry paws kitties haven't been too tough to scruff so far (knock on wood). this one was hissing as soon as i walked in the room, but when i held a net out towards her, she backed right into me. yay! one more cat spayed. only several million left to go...
and a client whose pet had to be seen on emergency last weekend (one of the ones i didn't have to help with) brought my boss a thank you cake today! three layers of white cake, lemon and raspberry filling, frosting roses on top... ahhhhhhh. fabulous way to end the workday.

No comments:

Post a Comment