Friday, November 26, 2010

holidays alone

welcome to my first holiday season without relatives. i basically went straight from my family to shaggy's, with a quick christmas in new york in between. i've never not had a tree or stockings. i've played santa ever since i was twelve. and now the dillema of (and i know this grammar is terrible, but...) now who do i play santa for? i already bought myself some fancy chapstick, but do i really make a stocking for myself? and a tree? if i was already moved in to my new house, no question, i would get a tree. but i'm still camping and living out of boxes at this apartment. yesterday i made my annual chocolatey meringue stars - usually the first on my holiday baking list. so now do i keep baking? i'd have to unpack a bunch of baking supplies to do that. worth doing? maybe.
or should i just sleep through the whole season?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not doing anything holiday-ish at all... I don't even get any days off work. (Christmas *is* a national holiday here, but unlike in the US, if a national holiday falls on a weekend, you don't get to make it up with a day off during the week.)

    ReplyDelete