Saturday, October 2, 2010

days off

my boss went to a vma meeting thing. all the relief vets were booked up already. so we had to practically close the office. minimal staff (2 people) worked each day, answering phones and working on projects (i have never seen the floors look so nice!). and i took 2 days off. those days were supposed to coincide with my move. should have seen that one coming.
on the first day off i "slept in" until about 8am, then got involved with productive activities (cleaining, packing, painting, etc.). i started laundering all the blankies that kitties sleep on, so that i can pack them and move them sans cat hair. as though this is important. as though they won't become almost immediately saturated with hair from all the same cats once they're unpacked. i also played in my kitchen. packed some jars and all the fridge magnets. caught up on dishes (i can't wait to use the dishwasher at my new place!!). took down all the window blinds and piled them up to spray off in the shower. then i heard that cadillac jacks was closing and i'd better get on down there. so the blinds are still sitting in a pile, and i'm being careful what i wear in front of my windows.
on my way to jacks, the hillbilly play director pulled over and said he'd see me at rehearsal. i'm pleased to report that he still doesn't know i'd completely forgotten about it until then, as i played it off as that i just had to run an errand and i'd be right there. said errand involving going down to the bar to wish them the best. made a new friend(ish) who started trying to introduce me to people i already know. that was unique. when i hillbilly'd it up, someone tried to hook me up with a guy named bobby, since they said he's a billy too. i told 'em that if he really was a billy, i'd best not even try, as i was sure things wouldn't work out, what with me not being his sister and all.
then i went to rehearsal. cora belle had fun. and that was about it for day off number one.
number two was pathetic by comparison. got lots of quality facebook surveys done. got lots of chapters read. got lots of macaroni eaten. and went to iga to redbox a movie. yeah. good times.
so today is day three. had rehearsal as della in the morning. i still don't have a "husband jim" cast, so the assistant director read in. i need to get lots of props for the part, and a couple of wigs. what fun! after rehearsal, i went to iga, the thrift store, paws, the iga again, and probably somewhere else - oh, the gas station. it was a gorgeous day, and i feel like more things should have happened in it. guess i shouldn't complain.
one more day of trying to be useful-ish tomorrow. i think i'll be ready to go back across the street on monday.

1 comment:

  1. At least you've had a productive few days! My weekend was spent mostly in bed - not because I was sick, but because I just didn't feel like doing anything. I did go to the store for catfood and cat litter, but only because I was out, and not purchasing more would've led my apartment to become such that lounging in bed wouldn't have been pleasant.

    ReplyDelete